John M. Young Stores and Residences (67)1502-1506 7th Street, NW
Constructed 1883, demolished
John M. Young, a carriage manufacturer, invested in a number of commercial-residential properties, including this three-unit row at 7th and P Streets NW. With stores on the first floor and living space on the second floor, store proprietors could live in the same building as they worked.
Cluss's Henry School stood on the opposite side of 7th Street.